Search

Monday 18 January 2010

67th Annual Golden Globe Awards

Best Motion Picture – Drama: Avatar
Ok... it was pretty good, but I can't help but wish Tarantino had got this for Inglorious.

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: The Hangover
I did think this film was hilarious, and although I liked Nine it was lacking in something essential to  make it a classic, so I'm fairly glad that did not win.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama: Jeff Bridges for Crazy Heart
Unfortunately I haven't seen this yet, but no comment.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama: Sandra Bullock for The Blind Slide
I have also not caught this yet, but I'm not a Sandra Bullock fan so I imagine I would be dissatisfied.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Robert Downey Jr. for Sherlock Holmes
Hurrah, is all I can say to this!

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Helen Mirren for Julie and Julia
Ok, Helen Mirren is good, but Marion Cotillard happens to be my biggest girl-crush ever, so I do wish she had won this for Nine, her performance made the film.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Christoph Waltz for Inglorious Basterds.
Waltz as incredible as Col. Hans Landa, there was no competition.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Mo'Nique for Precious.
Didn't see this, but Penelope Cruz was a strong contender for me so it's a shame to see her usurped.

Best Director - Motion Picture: James Cameron for Avatar.
Same feelings as before; he's good, but Tarantino was better.

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture: Up in the Air.
Fair play...broken record that I am... INGLORIOUS.

Best Animated Film: Up.
YES.


For the nominees and the rest of the awards, go here.
What did you think of the results?

No comments:

Post a Comment